Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easy Table Turn-Around!


This past week I was so excited to find this little white table at TJ MAXX on clearance for $20.00. (It was regular $50!) When I went to pick it up I noticed that the top was broken. I immediately started seeing the possibilities in my head of what I could do with it! I decided to take it home for a little TLC!

Here is the beginning product before I started working on it...


The first I thing I had to do was fix the broken top. I pulled out my gorilla wood glue and secured that stinker shut! When that was set, it was time to pull it outside!


I decided to go with the same aqua blue I painted the dessert trays last week since I had almost a full can leftover. It's the Krylon "Blue Ocean Breeze" with Gloss


I took the drawers out and went to work! I'm really happy with the outcome of the color! However, I'm not so crazy about the color on the grass...but what do ya do? ;)


After the paint was dry, I got out my sandpaper and started distressing the wood


About this time, I had a little visitor peering from the back porch... (Sorry, I couldn't help but share! hee hee)


Ok, back to work....lol
Here are a few photos of the distressing


After sanding, I went back over it with a clear protective gloss to secure it and make it shiny :)


I wanted to change up the simple round knobs, so I bought a $2.97 package of two copper handles from Wal-Mart. (I had a really pretty chrome color to spray paint them) Then I went to Michael's and grabbed a $3.00 pack of wood accents that I could paint as well


Here are the painted handles and accents


I wanted to make sure that the accents and knobs looked distressed as well, so I used a little white acrylic paint and painted in the little crevices and sanded them both down a little


Here is one of the distressed handles...


Here they are after being adhered with my trusty gorilla wood glue...lookin' pretty good!


When these were set, I went ahead and gave the whole thing one more protective coat and waited for it to dry!


I must say...I just love it! The color is so perfect and bright! Here it is when I brought it into my house! It's hard to tell in the picture, but the plate has little aqua flowers on it and goes so PERFECTLY! :D


This whole thing only cost me $26.00 and is the PERFECT custom addition to my home! :D

0 comments: