Sunday, April 17, 2011

Brightening things up on a budget...China plate wall art!

For some reason I have been SO tired of my previous home decor... I just decided one day that enough was enough of all the dark colors!! My whole house has had a theme of dark chocolate brown and rich red. Definitely a pretty combination but oh so dark! I lightened my bedroom a few weeks ago and love the changes that I made! You can see the finished product here: Time for a change! After I did this, the next thing I decided HAD to go was my prized photo wall... it was sad! The photo wall had been my favorite thing about the whole house and I couldn't imagine taking it down. But I knew that if I started there I would be motivated to keep going until the whole house was lighter and more "Me". I started with these basic white frames I bought at Wal-Mart and few different china plates I picked up at a few different thrift stores. Then, I added a plain silver platter I've had stored away in my craft/prop room month for months (Another thrift store find!) and spray painted it a bright yellow! Then, I found some smaller distressed frames at the flea market last week so I cleaned them up and on the wall they went! WOW, it made such a difference! I love it! It's so bright and cheerful and it cost me a total of... get ready for this... $21.00!!!! Yes Ma'am, that's it! Here are the before and after photos! :)

Before... (Another DIY project I designed and mounted)


Now here is the finished project...drum roll please...



Nothing too elaborate...simple, elegant & clean!
Here is a closer look...


2 comments:

Duncan Chronicles said...

ooh la la!! Cute!

Brittany Woolley said...

Thanks Elena! I've been on a serious redecorating kick! Feel free to post any projects you work on! See you Wednesday! :)