Thursday, April 14, 2011

DIY Dessert Stands



I found this idea while "blog browsing" the other day and couldn't wait to try it! It is so easy and very affordable! The total cost was only $8.00!!!

Here we go:

Supply List:

-Candlesticks for base
-Aluminum plates from the Dollar Tree
-Spray Paint for color of your choice
-Hot glue gun

Directions:

Set out your supplies outside on even ground... I wanted a happy color that I could use for spring/summer goodies. I chose "Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze Gloss" for a really cute robin's egg blue


Spray paint your plates...


Now it's time to get back to your candlesticks!


With your hot glue gun, glue around the ring of the candlestick and adhere it to the bottom of the plate. You can add as many tiers as you'd like! I wanted to make a cluster, so I went with one 'two tiered' and two 'one tiered'.


Here is the finished product...


I decided to incorporate mine into my spring table decor...I love it! :D


All I need now are some yummy treats to pile on my new plates! Mmm Mmm :)

2 comments:

Duncan Chronicles said...

Very cute. Would be good for doing different colors for a party or baby shower.

Brittany Woolley said...

That's what I was thinking! Easy to make and would add a cute little feel! :)