Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dangle Earring Holder!

Hi Ladies! I hope you don't mind but I am so excited about this craft that I just had to share it with all of you! I hope that each of you will post crafts you do as well! What a great way to keep sharing and learning from each other!

Dangle Earring Holder

I saw this on http://www.kevinandamanda.com/ and just had to make it! I have so many pairs of dangle earrings that are just imprisoned in a little organizer box in my dresser drawer...sad. This way they are proudly displayed as art and show a piece of my personality! SO much fun!! :D


Supplies:

1. A large enough frame to fit all your dangle earrings (I used an 11x13 to give me some extra room to grow)
2. Picture hanging wire (One box of thin wire worked great!)
3. White acrylic paint and brush
4. Nails & Hammer or staple gun

Steps to make earring holder:
(Sorry I didn't think to take photos as I went along...)

1. Take the back and glass from an 11x13 black picture frame (I just used the cheapest one from Wal-Mart)
2. Using white acrylic paint, brush over the frame (you can also scratch it up a bit to give it that distressed look)
3. Take picture wire and secure three rows across the frame with nails, staple gun, etc (I used nails for this one)
4. (Optional) Cut a piece of fabric or pillowcase and attach with the picture wire (This was an afterthought as a solution to the earrings sliding all over the place into one another. I simply poke the earring back through the pillowcase and it holds them perfectly without losing the look.)





2 comments:

Olmsted Family said...

Love this idea!!

Brittany Woolley said...

I do too!!!! I saw it and got so excited! Now Allie and Jess both want one! I wish I would've known about this at Christmas! hee hee ;)